"Give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon...Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now, and throughout eternity." -Ezra Taft Benson



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Six Days Later...

Well, six days later and everything is going great! Its been less than a week and I feel like my whole life has been turned around. I'm praying a lot more, reading my scriptures a lot more. Well actually I am reading everything a lot more. I've really picked up Elder Maxwell, although all of the sentences in His books are profound statements, and all of them require some insane literary analysis. My Mom is the one who reads them in the house, so shes the reason why a ton of His books are laying around. My Mom and I usually fight a lot. But I've given up on that. When I see that we are starting to disagree on something I just walk away and tell her to forget it, in a nice way. That way it saves both of us our breath. If I do have to stay here over the summer, I might as well try and make it nice.
School is flying by. I was really lazy last semester and now its catching up to me. My Calculus class is giving me grief, but I guess thats normal because I don't know anyone who isn't struggling with it. I have a really nice teacher. Well I take that back. She is an amazing teacher one on one, but in class she seems like a jerk because she has too lay down the law I guess. Her name is Mrs. Roberts, and I used to hate her. But now she is amazing!! Thats really the only class that gives me any trouble. I suspected Physics to, but I have a group of friends in there and we just work on everything together. We tend to answer each others questions a lot. Sara is the genius of the group. Whenever we mess it all up, she tends to figure it out. Justin is the verbal commentor. He always talks to himself outloud, telling himself which values go where in the formulas. Cory is the copier, pretty much. But he makes us laugh while we work..so we dont mind. And me, well I guess I am the formula determiner. I always choose the formula we use. Thats one of my favorite classes, I love group work. My English class is always interesting too. I have two really good friends in there, Kate and Dalia. And the rest of the class is boys with senioritis already. Kate is the Anarchist, and Dalia is the fashionista. I love them to death. We usually just talk about Demetrius Heart  in that class now, because Mrs. Plaia thinks that she is responsible for recruiting him to Alabama to play football next year.
Well, keep crossing your fingers for my. This new lifestyle full of humility,selflessness, grace, and meekness definately is not natural for me..but its definately needed. I am learning a lot of stuff that I should've learned a long long time ago. But like President Smartt said, I am only eighteen. So maybe I do have time. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment