"Give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon...Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now, and throughout eternity." -Ezra Taft Benson



Thursday, January 13, 2011

*Day Seven*

Day Seven. Well, still blogging. Today was rough, a bunch of stuff is stressing me out! Tests and projects and senior year dont mix very well.
Today I was reading in 3 Nephi 12: 23-24, and its says, "Therefore, if ye shall come unto me, or shall DESIRE to come unto me, and rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee—
 24Go thy way unto thy brother, and first be recoinciled to thy brother, and then come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I will receive you."
Websters dictionary defines desire as the following:
1. to wish or long for; crave; want.
2. to express a wish to obtain; ask for; request
"If ye shall come unto me, or shall DESIRE to come unto me..." I was particularly interested in that word. Even if we don't come running to Him, if we just WISH to, or ASK for help to He will place in us the strength too. As I came to this I knew something sounded familiar. I look in my notebook of notes from talks that I have taken, I found a talk from Stake Conference last year that President Greene gave. I wrote down that he quoted Alma 32: 27. It reads:
27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and
exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
Word for word confirmation of what I previously stated. In my mind, I see this as hope for the hopeless, and I find it interesting and amazing that the Savior is willing to work with us toward any righteous desire, including coming to believe in Him. I think it is good for everyone to let a little desire work in them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment