"Give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon...Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now, and throughout eternity." -Ezra Taft Benson



Sunday, January 16, 2011

The BIG Ten!

Day Ten, and the new Brittany is still kicking. President Smartt told me that it takes 21 days to make a habbit, So I guess I am halfway there! I won't tell you its been easy, because it hasn't. But I wont tell you its been a piece of cake, because it hasn't been that either. I am realizing now that I never really said in my blog what the new Brittany means. The new Brittany means developing Christ-like attributes. It means being a better daughter. Being a better sister. Being a better friend. Being an example, being a light. Being happy. Being content with fifty bucks when I feel liked I earned a hundred, doing school work honestly when it would be easy to cheat, keeping promises I would rather not keep, and telling the truth even when it makes me look like a fool. I have done some just plain stupid things. Not wicked things, necessarily, but just prideful and stupid. I cared too much about what man thinks about me that what my Heavenly Father does. But the past is behind us, and the Lord has said "Look not behind thee.." -Genesis 19:17. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment