"Give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon...Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now, and throughout eternity." -Ezra Taft Benson



Thursday, January 6, 2011

The First Day -♥

Today is the first day of a new life. Someone once told me that to change, all one must do is "Decide its the time to change." I have honestly never given much thought to that phrase before now, but as a last resort I turn to it. If this is true, then human willpower, persistance, and dilligence are three very powerful things. I have been on the same road my entire life, fighting dragons and demons at every turn, claiming defeat more than victory. But I am eighteen years old, and I am at a HUGE fork in the road,. To the left, I can continue on as I have for 18 years. To the right, I can play "the game", meaning balance my life in a way in which everyonce can be happy to some degree,  and in the long run get what I eternally seek. In my mind, the choice is obvious. But staring down a path that looks nice and easy is a lot different than actually taking it. I like to think that maybe, just maybe if I am lucky..my willpower, persistance, and dilligence are far stronger than I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment