"Give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon...Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now, and throughout eternity." -Ezra Taft Benson



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Best Days of My Life? I hope not!

If the High School years are in fact, the best years of your life, kill me now! On days like today I like to tell tmyself its going to get better, not worse!
LAX: Well, we havent had practice the last three practices because of rain, freezingness, and then finally field conditions. (Nice way of saything that the field where we practice is underwater. And our first game is the weekend of the 26th! Hope we are ready!
School: GET ME THE HECK OUT OF HERE!! I am sooo far beyond high school and we still have three more months. Senioritis much? Kaycie and I are counting down the mondays....15 more until graduation :)
Random: Today I learned the story of Zion's Camp in seminary. Doug Watson does an amazing job teaching. I have a new favorite scripture, as of today. It reads :

Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation. (D&C 58:3)


George Albert Smith also accompanied the Prophet Joseph on the march. When the camp was stricken with cholera, Jesse Smith, George's cousin became ill. He shortly thereafter passed away. George Albert Smith said that he had found a great deal of comfort in this scripture. Through his extreme trail, wondering why he was not taken in Jesse's place, he realized that he didn't see "the design of" his God. The Lord was preserving His prophet. -♥

No comments:

Post a Comment